Re: bonnet latches and stress cracks

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: bonnet latches and stress cracks
From: Chip Mautz <clmautz@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 08:23:53 -0700 (PDT)
> Oh and Larry, as for your near-perfect bonnet: consider yourself
lucky!

> --Andy

I know of another Spitfire that has a perfect bonnet.  It's a '74
1500, yellow, 11k original miles, never been in the rain, still has
factory tonneau and tool roll (creased!) in the boot, spare original
and never run, top original, interior original, smells 'new' inside,
absolutely an incredible car.  Guy has owned it from new.  Wins all
sorts of shows, since you can't compare a restored car against one
that's never even been dirty!

Pisses me off!  But, hell - I've got two things he doesn't have on my
project spit - the Triumph Eject-a-seat (c) safety option (can't get
hurt in an accident if you're not there!), and the Triumph Spyhunter
(c) smoke screen effect.  :P

Cheers!

Chip
'71 Spitfire MKIV - 'Ol Smokey  (currently with limited-edition
push-start option!)

==
"Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines." - Enzo Ferrari