Re: Bonnet latch cracking

To: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Bonnet latch cracking
From: Jim Dean <jdean@designdimension.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 18:40:18 -0400
I was thinking that I might employ some sort of hydraulic hatchback lifters
under my nearly perfect bonnet on my GT6 frame up rebuild. Then it could be
lifted with very little if any effort. I got the bonnet off a car (69 GT6+)
which was in bad shape rustwise because it had spent a lot of time at the beach
and no one ever opened the bonnet as far as I can tell. But the rust did not
extend too far into the bonnet. Has anyone ever heard of this being done? any
suggestions?