Re[2]: BCW screeches to a halt

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, clmautz@yahoo.com
Subject: Re[2]: BCW screeches to a halt
From: scott.barr@mccarty-law.com
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 8:53:24 +0000
Chip,

I haven't jumped in here on your solenoid issue b/c I'm sure you'll get som=
GOOD advice from people who actually KNOW what they're talking about, but...

On my old GT6, I did as your friend suggested when my solenoid failed.  Rat=
her
than using a jumper, I disconnected the hot wire in and the power wire out=20=
the starter and manually fired the starter.  Other than some arcing and pit=
ting
of the connectors (I'll stand in the corner for that later), there seemed t=
o be
no ill effect to the car.

Incidentally, I had the same problem on my old Harley which was my only
transportation in high school (am I just hard on solenoids, or what?!?) and=
carried an old screwdriver which I used as a "starter", connecting the pole=
manually.  Pretty cool fireworks when you do that leaving a party in the wo=
ods
in the middle of the night .... (ahhh...remember high school?).  MAN, I've=20=
got
to get a bike again!

Good luck,

Scott Barr