spitfire spin on oil filter

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: spitfire spin on oil filter
From: christopher.leblanc@rss.rockwell.com
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 11:01:13 -0500
I have a '77 spit.  I use a filter from AutoZone called "Deutsche".  I
probably got the spelling wrong.  The one I use is the D400.  It is fat.  I
originally used a different model of the same brand, that was skinny.  I
have since removed the air pump (it wasn't hooked up anyway) and went to
the fat one.  It wouldn't fit with the air pump in place.  Does anyone know
anything about this brand?  I started using it a few years ago.  I had
ordered a filter from TRF and didn't realize I had the wrong one until I
was in the process of changing the oil.  I  found the Deutsche brand at the
local store and have been using it since.
I don't think I have the "adaptor" on my filter mounting, but then again
I'm not 100% sure.

Chris LeBlanc