Re: spitfire spin on oil filter

To: "Bowen, Patrick A" <jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil>
Subject: Re: spitfire spin on oil filter
From: "the jolly rancher..." <njaremka@eng.buffalo.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 17:41:33 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 26 May 1998, Bowen, Patrick A wrote:

> I have used these before on my American (wanna-be british) cars and they
> seem to work great.  The stats on them say they are outstanding, (these
> stats were of course put out by deutsch).  Go for it.  I am interested in
> some of the new Fram oil filters that have PTFE (teflon) in them and slowly
> puts it into the oil.  Does anyone have an opinion on this (like this isn't
> asking for trouble) and do you know of one that would fit?

i understand that this filter has the addative applied tothe filter
element and it acts the same as if you were to use the liquid/crankcase
addative.  they are a little pricey, but i also understand you don't have
to use it at every oil change (that is, unless you want to).  i currently
have one on my spit, to try it out, and the filter number is DG3614.  i
might also note that my engine is a '72 1300.

nik jaremka

'72 spitfire
'94 grand am

i just wanted to mention, that i was following a TR3(A) yesterday in the
process of restoration.  both of us enjoyed each others company on our
jaunt, and passed a TR4(A) travelling the other way.  a few weeks ago i
had thought about selling my spitfire to make a down payment on a miata,
BUT after the past weekend, i don't think i would enjoy it (the car, the
people, the support, etc.) as much.  keep 'em driving, and don't let the
kids forget about your past.