Re: Clutch trouble (More Questions)

To: "Kevin B. Rhodes" <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Clutch trouble (More Questions)
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A)
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 11:10:34
Kevin,

I do believe your car will be more than fine to drive 15 miles, probably
many more than that.  I don't have an answer for you on which parts to use
but here is what I do know.  I just pulled my tranny last week to replace
the clutch fork bushings and pin (this could also contribute to your
problem)  While you have to slide under the car to get a couple of bolts of
the bell housing, there isn't any real reason to put the car up on stands.
After a lot of groaning last week end some friends of mine and I decided it
is easiest to pull the whole engine and tranny and work on it out side the
car, than it is to pull the tranny through the inside and pull out the
interior (lining up the tranny and engine isn't a breeze this way)  but
again this is just an opinion.  I wish you the best of luck, since I am in
Florida I will be unable to help.  Drink one for me.

Patrick Bowen
'79 Spit