Re: [Fwd: Dashpot filler?]

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@idirect.com>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Dashpot filler?]
From: ctschmitz@CCGATE.HAC.COM
Date: Thu, 28 May 98 08:44:04 PST

Vic -

I don't think it's any kind of moisture absorption material! Does your vacuum
advance work? Suck on the port - you should feel resistance. If not, then the
brown stuff may be what's left of your diaphragm. If the diaphragm is intact
then it could be an accumulation of gas vapors that have turned to varnish
crystals in the vacuum chamber.

Tom