ball joints

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: ball joints
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A)
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 14:26:58
Greetings,

I just wanted to see if there are any hints or ideas on how to change
ball-joints on the front suspension?  I believe I need mine replaced (the
boots are cracked wide open and there is a vibrating noise from that area
while driving.  If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate before I
start tearing it apart.  Also does anyone know of somebody that sells the
sill on the firewall (where the master cylinders and battery sit)?  Vicky
Brit shows them in the catalog but doesn't list the item.  I appreciate
your help.

Patrick Bowen
'79 Spit