Re: Camber Adjust on the spitfire.

To: "Dr. Faustus" <drfaustus@london.crosswinds.net>
Subject: Re: Camber Adjust on the spitfire.
From: Edward Hamilton <hamilton@ptd.net>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 11:09:39 -0400
Andy,
The specifications ('80 Spitfire) for the front camber is a minimum of 2.00
degrees and a maximum of 4.00 degrees positive.  The specification for the
rear is a minimum of 2.00 degrees negative with a maximum of 0.00 degrees.
I think you are correct that most racers set-up a car with negative camber.
The biggest change I made, to the front, was to install the shorter
"performance" coil springs.  Currently, my values are as follows:
left front  0.39 degrees negative
right front  0.14 degrees negative
left rear  1.29 degrees negative
right rear  1.33 degrees negative