Re: Camber Adjust on the spitfire.

To: "Dr. Faustus" <drfaustus@london.crosswinds.net>, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Camber Adjust on the spitfire.
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@scooter.net>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 21:46:21 -0400
Andy,

I also have fitted the shorter springs to the front of my Spit, and am
running about .4 degree negative in front, instead of the factory settings.

The camber is usually set by means of the shims behind the lower control
arms. Changing the camber also changes the toe-in, so have a pro do the
alignment.

I am noticing a bit of oversteer now although otherwise the car handles
great. Perhaps that is because the front tires are working better than the
rears now?

At 11:00 PM 5/30/98 -0600, Dr. Faustus wrote:
>If the wheel have positive camber, you get even less of your tire on the
>road than if you had none.  Does anybody know if these principles hold
>true on full size cars (I can't imagine why not), and if the camber can
>be adjusted to either zero or possibly one or two degrees of negative
>camber?
>
>Andy L.

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire  FM96062 UO
Succasunna, NJ USA
"Now that cars are better, why do they keep lowering the local speed limits?"