Conv Top Latch & Alternator

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Conv Top Latch & Alternator
From: Francis Marchand <fmarchand@draper.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 14:48:07 -0400
Greetings everyone.

My wife's '79 Spitfire 1500 is missing the driver's (left) side convertible
top latch (over the windshield).  Does anybody have a good, used one to offer?

She sometimes has to drive with the top up and the passenger side latch
just isn't strong enough by itself!

It also appears the alternator isn't working.  Is there a good local source
for a rebuilt one, such as Pep Boys, NAPA, etc or do I need to go to TRF,
Moss, etc.?  What's a reasonable price for it?

Thanks,

Fran