lubricants help, and other maintenance

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: lubricants help, and other maintenance
From: "Ryan Smith" <shmitty99@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 10:05:45 PDT
Now I'm sure this has been hashed out A LOT, but I'd like some
individual testimonials on what weights and brands of engine oil, tranny
fluid (no o/d), and rear end fluids.  I've heard about 5 different
weights for transmission fluid alone.  I have a 72 with a 1300, 3 rail
tranny, and a 76's 3.89 differential.

Also what brand of spark plug do you guys use.  I went down to my
NAPA store late last night searching through the books and got all the
OEM plug numbers.  Tell me what you guys are running and I'll compare.
I'm leaning towards Bosch Platinums.  Oh incidentally when I do all my
work next week I'll be putting a sport coil and electronic ignition so
suggested gaps would also be helpful.

Thanks for all the advice, I hope I'm not abusing my use of the list :)

Ryan Smith
Mechanical Engineering, VPI&SU
72 Spitfire
South Boston, VA