Re: lubricants help, and other maintenance

To: Ryan Smith <shmitty99@hotmail.com>, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: lubricants help, and other maintenance
From: nikolai jaremka <njaremka@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 12:02:24 -0700 (PDT)

> Also what brand of spark plug do you guys use.  I went down to my
> NAPA store late last night searching through the books and got all
the
> OEM plug numbers.  Tell me what you guys are running and I'll
compare.
> I'm leaning towards Bosch Platinums.

ryan:
i am using splitfires in my spitfire, number 6sf i think.  the guys at
the auto parts store should be able to look it up in his book for you.
 i also have a sport coil attached without a ballast resistor, lucas
yellow jacket wires, the gaps set at .035, and the static timing set
at 12° btdc.  this set-up is all on a stock engine, and gives me quite
a performance bump from stock.  however, because of a warped head, i
have to do an engine rebulid, so i haven't been able to drive it
around lately.  when it starts to go back together, i'm going to put
some other performance mods into the engine and see where i can go...

nik jaremka

72 mkIV spit