Overdrive /non overdrive box length

To: Spit Fires <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Overdrive /non overdrive box length
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 07:48:37 +0000
I briefly held my overdrive by the gearbox extension in the car.  It
seemed to me that my overdrive was the same length as my non standad
gearbox extension.  What I wan't to know is the length of the extension
/ propshaft joint interface to the gearbox / extension joint.  That way
I can compair it to mine.  I hope the DPO bodged putting the
non-overdrive box into the car and used a long extension from somewhere
so that the propshaft did not have to be chainged.

I eventualy managed to find a 7/16'th tap to clean out the threads on
the vertical link.  I could only find an engenering grage second which
set me back the cost of 6 pints of beer. :-( So the brakes and wheel
bearings are now sorted on the left front side, the oonly problem being
it's too tight when the brake calipers are tightened down.  Bleading
helped a bit but I still can't turn the hub by hand, but I can turn it
if the wheels on.  Is this a problem?

Got the radiator on the car again, this meens I could actually start the
car if the battery were any good.

Got the front underriders on as whell.  Righthand one is a bit scrappy
looking but I can take that off any time to give it a lick of paint.

Bumpers next still need to remove a sheared bolt in there, I realy need
reverece thread bolt extractors, but I don't recon they exist.

Phoning up about insurance today going to try Footman James, unless any
of you in the UK can recomend better.

--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot