Weber DGV

To: "\"'spitfires@Autox.Team.Net'\"" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Weber DGV
From: Dave Simpson <dsimpson@ds2.ncweb.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 11:58:09 -0400
To:  list

I have a 76 spitfire with a weber down draft carburetor, K&N air filter
and a set of exhaust headers.  The car is seems to be running rich and
using a lot of gas, the exhaust pipe is pretty blackwith soot..   Also
the idle seems to vary with engine temp.  Some days it idles at about
1200 rpm, then the next day it will,  after it is  warmed up it start to
idle at 1200 and then slowly drop down to 600-700 rpm.  When you are
sitting at a long light.   Also the is little change in the way the car
runs when adjusting the idle mixture screw.   The screw seems to bottom
out on the spring, if you remove the spring then it screws in a lot
farther.   This carburetor was disassembled  last year, by me.   Any
tips but I take to a mechanic. TIA

Dave Simpson
NE OHIO