ITS HOME! and Crane Ignition Installation

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: ITS HOME! and Crane Ignition Installation
From: "Ryan Smith" <shmitty99@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 06:35:28 PDT
Hello all, I hope you guys had a good time at the VTR meet.  While
everyone was having fun with their cars I took two days off from work
last week to pick up my Spit and do a lot of work to it.  The one thing
that baffled me was the Crane ignition installation.  I changed every
u-joint in the car but I couldn't figure out how to get rid of the
points, go figure.  Anyway, if someone could give me some electronic
ignition for dummy's instructions I'd appreciate it.  I could take it
all apart but I wasn't sure how to get rid of the post that holds the
points.  Do I take that plate off or what?  I wasn't real sure which
disc to choose too. Also I'm installing a Lucus Sport Coil so if you
explain how to wire it without the ballast that'd  be helpful too.  In
fact any help would be appreciated.

Hope to get the car titled in the next couple of days and hit the
backroads of Virginia.

Thanks

Ryan Smith
Mechanical Engineering, VPI&SU