Re: ITS HOME! and Crane Ignition Installation

To: Ryan Smith <shmitty99@hotmail.com>, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: ITS HOME! and Crane Ignition Installation
From: "ralph.jannelli" <ralph.jannelli@mci2000.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 19:59:39 -0400
I installed an Allison ignition system onto my spit several years ago. Crane
bought out Allision so I believe this is the same unit.. Unfortunately you
have to remove the post. This could be a one way mode, which could be
disastrous if the electronic ignition fails, you can't go back. There is a
solution, I removed the post and drill and tapped a hole in the same spot
where the post was, if the ignition failed I could fit points and use a
screw to hold the points in place where the post was. I actually tried it to
make sure it worked, it did.

Good luck

Ralph Jannelli
'65 Spitfire MKII