Re: Ready to pull the body off

To: "Bowen, Patrick A" <jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil>
Subject: Re: Ready to pull the body off
From: Paul <compubbs@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 20:44:23 -0300
Bowen, Patrick A wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> In my frame off restoration I am now ready to pull off the tub (body) from
> the frame.  I was looking for any advice on the best way to prevent damage
> to either the car or myself.  The floor pans are gone and the rockers are
> still there, but hurting.  Should I leave the doors on to help provide
> rigidity.  thanks for any and all help.

Hi Patrick,

You can keep the doors on to prevent the tub from falling in pieces.  :)
Removing the entire windshield assembly helps also.  Either way, you`ll
need the tub bolted on the frame in order to replace the floor pans and
rocker panels.

I just got mine done a few weeks ago, it`s a BIG job, but now the car
holds together by itself and the doors close well.   I`ll be getting the
pictures back soon, so I`ll update the website in a few weeks, or so. :)

--
..Paul
http://personal.nbnet.nb.ca/compubbs

Something to think about this week:

 - How can a slim chance and a fat chance be the same, while a wise
 man and a wise guy are opposites?