Re: MC Overhaul

To: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>,
Subject: Re: MC Overhaul
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A)
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 13:58:27
James in order to bleed your master cylinder, you have to do what is called
a bench bleed,  This is a very annoying (but not too difficult) operation.
You must mount your MC in a vise on a bench (hence the name) with it being
level.  you typically would get a bleeder kit and run a hose from the
line/lines coming out of the MC back into the reservoire.  After you have
adequately bled the MC then you simply (causing as small a mess as
possible) install it on your car.  This is what everything I have ever read
and/or heard says to do.  As for your other questions someone smarter than
I must tackle those for you.

Patrick Bowen
'79 Spit