Re: Spit safety question...

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spit safety question...
From: Reed Mideke <rmideke@interbase.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 16:03:53 -0700
Hmmm... All the child seats I've seen are secured by the seatbelt,
and not attached in any other way to the car or seat. Thus the
preference for non inertial reel belts.

I'd say in a crash, a small light car is much more likely to get
squished than a big heavy one. I'd hesitate to say a spit (equiped with
a roll bar) would fair worse than say a geo metro, but the ~30 mph
headon I had in a 67 Lincoln Continental would have been a different
story in my spit (or a geo)...

As jonmac points out, you can't predict what car is going to fair best
in an accident: SUVs are much more likly to flip, and little FWD cars much
more likely to spin, and a viper is much more likely to hit some object
a 200mph.

Maybe a hummer is the way to go... but since it's twice as wide as
a spit, you're more likely to hit something.

--
Reed Mideke                                        rmideke@interbase.com