Totally topless

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Totally topless
From: "Neil McAllister" <neil.mcallister@fvrl.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 1998 23:28:03 -800
Hi all,

Spent the afternoon removing Emma Peel's rollbar.  I was motivarted by two
things;
first, can't get British Columbia collector's plates with it installed (not
original and they are picky).  Second, a desire for more leg and arm room (I'm
6' and tired up not being able to get back from the wheel.)  Finally, a friend
commented that in an an accident there was a pretty good chance you could really
whack your head on the bar.

What I didn't expect in removing it was how much improved the car's looks are;
it looks more balanced, original, elegant, classic and just down right pretty.
 Yes, I know it is (was) a big safety feature, but, I drive Emma pretty
sedately.
 If I want to rock and roll in a car, I use the Honda Accord daily driver.

By the way, if anybody needs a roll bar; I've got one for sale.

Hope all had a scary Halloween.

Cheers,

Neil
1980 Spitfire 1500 (Emma Peel)