Re: Totally topless

To: Chip Mautz <clmautz@yahoo.com>, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Totally topless
From: Reed Mideke <rmideke@interbase.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 1998 13:25:56 -0800
I don't know the details (I met him several years
after the event.) He did say the windshield frame held the car up,
and that he was unhurt. He is also short, which I think
would be a big advantage in that situation.

BTW, though I'v never flipped a car <knocks on wood, or rather,
formica> the people I know who have, have done it slowly. This
sounds a little strange, but basicly the car had just enough
energy to go over. One took a corner too wide, went up an
embankment, and hit a root, which gave it just enough of
a push to land on the roof. The other was a honda that slid into a
curb at relativly low speed, and flipped. This is clearly different
from multiple high speed barrel rolls. I think the chances
of surviving the latter in an unprotected spit are very poor.

As my friend who sold my my mountain bike said:
"One more thing: keep the rubber side down."