Bonnet prop rod question

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Bonnet prop rod question
From: "Kirby T. Kenyon" <kenyonkt@maple.lemoyne.edu>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 08:45:44 -0500
I'm having problems with my Bonnet prop rod.  My '72 MKIV came without one.
 I had pieces that came with the '73 1500 parts car but they were not
together nor installed in the car.  This set, unlike my '80 prop rods, are
bent in a circular manner with the lower prop rod welded on piece ending up
90 degrees from the long rod.  The top rod is bent the other way.  My '80
has a straight set and I've never seen any pictures with this other
configuration.

If anyone with a '73 could tell me if they have the same configuration and
which way they should be installed I would be very grateful.  One way over,
the Bonnet doesn't close properly.  The other way, the rod has to go
forward in order for the bonnet to fold down.  I'm stumped, the rods don't
appear to have been bent since the original brown paint appears intact and
the rods have a very smooth bend to them.

Thanks,

Kirby

Thanks,

Kirby