Re: Horn Push Button Disection

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, lensman@erols.com
Subject: Re: Horn Push Button Disection
From: Michael Thomas <mathomas@engmail.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 1998 19:37:01 -0500
Couple of suggestions:

First, check with a voltmeter, if you have one that beeps/buzzes on a
short circuit, to make sure the button itself is working.

Second, my own horn didn't work due to a broken wire in the
brass-hexagonal-spring-loaded-thingy between the button and the ring on
the column (clockspring nowadays?).  The two rubbing ends are connected
by a piece of wire, and are held apart by a spring.  The ends came
apart, and I could solder a new piece of wire through the centre, but
trick is doing it with it still assembled.  After a few attempts, it
ended up working out...

Mike
'75 Spit.