Rough Running More Diagnostics

To: <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Rough Running More Diagnostics
From: "James Carpenter" <jc_carpenter@softhome.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 15:34:59 -0000
Hi there, in my last e-mail I said about my car running real rough.   Lets
just say It was running so rough I could hardly drive it.

The story, blown need gasket, because of dodge cylinder head studs and nuts.
Replace the two dodge cylinder head studs.  Only to find out that the nuts
were stripping on the studs.  So this time another one only makes it to 38
ft/lb., I should have left it there, but I tried to push it.  This was
between pistons no 1-2.  So I slacken off the nuts I had done already.
Thinking if I undo the head to replace the nut that's gone then I'll loose
the head gasket again.

The car ran fine then after 5 minutes I tried to move it.  I noticed it
started to run extremely rough, so I limped the car home, thinking blocked
jet, float or something.

I then prepared for our party, which I would have invited people to, but
America is a long way to go for a Student party, anyway.

This lunch time I started to feel myself again, and I went to have a look, I
checked.

Plug lead on OK
Removed rocker cover to check for out of place push rod.
Compression,  cylinder 1-145, 2-145, 3-no reading , 4 no-reading.

Anyway I reckon I have found out why it isn't firing on all four, but why
have I completely lost all compression.

I checked that the cam had not snapped by watching the rocker.

I know the pistons must be alright, they are new Hepolight 0.020" AE Engine
Parts with 400 miles on them. And you can see the pressure release valve on
the compression tester moving.