78 spit questions

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 78 spit questions
From: Huw Upshall <hupshall@wolfenet.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 15:46:54 -0800 (PST)
Ok.  Who has experience in changing the carb in a '78 spitfire to a Webber
DGAV?  I want to get an idea on if I will see any performance differences
etc.

I also have an exhaust question, the 78 spit that I got had a non-standard
exahust manifold installed that I ended up having to cut off because it
was welded together after it was installed on the car..  (go figure that
one out).  I have the standard exhaust manifold to replace this with so
that wasn't a problem.  I do not have any emmissions requirements where I
live so will the 1974 1500 spitfire front exhaust pipe fit?  (without the
catalytic converter)  The less emmissions crap I have to rebuild the
happier I'll be.

Thanks!