Painting a spitfire

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Painting a spitfire
From: Huw Upshall <hupshall@wolfenet.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 22:16:51 -0800
I would like to ask for any and all advice in regards to painting a
spitfire.  I currently have a spitfire that I have almost completely
stripped that I need to do some body work on and then paint.

The car still has the wiring in it, I have taken out the dashboard and all
switches/gauges.  The only hardware still installed includes the fuel tank,
transmission, and wiring harness.  The motor has been removed as well as
all other engine compartment components.

How should I go about painting this car?  (I know there are people with
experience out there).  What is the best way to remove the existing paint?
How / What should I prime the car with?  The original color was french blue
(under several aftermarket spray jobs) but I wish to redo the entire car
BRG including the engine compartment and the interior.  What is the best
way to primer and paint?  Advice please!!

I have never attempted this before so please, spare no expense...  :)

Thanks.

                                                        -Huw

 Huw Upshall                    Addresses:   hupshall@wolfenet.com
                                                    hupshall@hotmail.com
                                                    a-huwu@microsoft.com
                                http:        www.wolfenet.com/~hupshall

 'Misspelled?  Impossible!  My modem is Error-Correcting!'