Re: Painting a spitfire

To: Spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Painting a spitfire
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 18:05:56 -0500
At 10:16 PM 11/9/98 -0800, you wrote:

>How should I go about painting this car?  (I know there are people with
>experience out there).  What is the best way to remove the existing paint?
>How / What should I prime the car with?  The original color was french blue
>(under several aftermarket spray jobs) but I wish to redo the entire car
>BRG including the engine compartment and the interior.  What is the best
>way to primer and paint?  Advice please!!
>
>I have never attempted this before so please, spare no expense...  :)

Huw,

   I don't have a lot of time right now to go into a lot of detail, however,
you might read the article on painting on my Morgan web page under the
Nuts & Bolts section.  It is not complete, but it is a good start.  Also
you might want to read the article on building a tool box.
Web page is listed in the sig file.

John

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V

www.team.net/www/morgan        bricklin.shel.olsy-na.com/bi