tire problems update

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: tire problems update
From: KEVIN EDDINS <eddinsk@NRISO.NOLA.NAVY.MIL>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 15:26:11 -0600
In short, after a battle with the manager and his supervisor over my tires
cracking apart, they decided to replace them.  Although I have to pay for
balancing and roadhazard again.

After they pulled the tires, I took a good look and the problem was FAR
from dry rot.  These tires were cracked about 90% through - yes
through - around the perimeter of the rim (between the whitewall and the
rim).

The interesting thing is that Goodyear has discontinued this size of
Regatta (155/85? R13).  The best they could do was give me a Spectra,
which is 15,000 miles less of a tire.

So, I definitely got the short end of the stick, but at least I got a piece of
the stick.

Going to pick up some new KYB shocks now.  I'm excited!

Kevin