Re: Your Spitfire

To: Ken Bertschy <kentop@dakotacom.net>, Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Subject: Re: Your Spitfire
From: "J.Raymond Lynch" <raylynchnj@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 17:05:57 -0500
Ken,
I had similar heat problems with my Austin-Healey.
I eliminated them this summer.  This is what I did:

Removed all the carpets, seats, etc.
Covered the Underside of the trans cover with a foam and reflective foil
material from Dunrite in Texas(specifially for Healeys, but probably would
work on anything else)

Bought a heat reflective material (again, foil on one side) from Victoria
British ($30+)
Installed the trans cover, caulked any openings with adhesive house
caulking.  Check the firewall for holes, too.
Covered the floor, trans cover, and firewall  with the V.B. material, using
3M spray adhesive.

Replaced carpets and seats.
I do not get any heat into the car now.  Looks like it'll be cold this
winter in the Healey!
Good luck,
Ray