Diff Parts Needed

To: TR List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Diff Parts Needed
From: Bill Kelly <kelly@dss.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 00:38:49 -0500
It's a long story, but somehow I have ended up with mismatched parts for
a Spitfire differential. The internal gear carrier is the Mk1/Mk2
version. The axle stubs are the Mk3/Mk4 style. They DON'T fit together.
The splines on the axles are bigger than the female splines in the
carrier.

Does anybody have either a Mk3/Mk4 carrier, or a pair of Mk1/Mk2 axle
stubs? Or even a single axle stub (I know where I can get 1 - Hi, Brad!)

Signed,
Desperate in New Jersey

Tech info:
Early axle stubs have 18 teeth, later ones have 20. I need the ones with
18 to match my carrier.

OR

Early carrier planet gear shaft diameter is 1/2", later is 5/8". I need
the 5/8" style to match my axle stubs.

Bill Kelly