WANTED: 1200 Engine Performance Advice

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: WANTED: 1200 Engine Performance Advice
From: Chad & Ariane Jester <triumph@terraworld.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 00:40:21 -0600
List,

I just bought a '65 Herald (1200 Spit Engine) that came with an engine,
ready to assemble.  New 8 to 1 pistons and rings (+.030), crank turned
.010 and .010, new bearings, rebuilt no-lead head.  I want to build it
to be strong, but reliable.  How much can I mill the head to raise the
compression?  What camshaft would you recommend?  I have a Header, and
also plan to put a twin SU carb setup on it.  Any advice will be greatly
appreciated!

Regards,

Chad Jester