Re: expensive spit

To: Sam Gentry <hsgentry@cfw.com>, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: expensive spit
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A. RP2)
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 10:54:42
Sam, whoever is selling this car was apparently not wearing a respirator
when they painted it because they are definately high! pun intended.  I
found a couple of months ago in the Chicago area two neveer liscenced spits
'80 type that were in mint condition stored in a showroom the whole time
and they were only asking $12000 a piece.  and these were legally brand new
cars.

my .02 worth

Patrick

At 05:34 PM 11/10/98 -0500, Sam Gentry wrote:
>I have recently seen a spit for sale that was asking $10,000 and now
>another asking $14,300.  A local car is asking $7000.  Not long ago I
>turned down the best spit I have ever seen that was asking $5500 because I
>thought that was too much.  My son has a 72 that is nearly perfect except
>paint. If he spent $3000 on paint he would not have anything near $5000 in
>the car.  I don't think any spit is worth $14300.  Am I wrong, are prices
>going up?
>
>Sam

Patrick Bowen
'79 Spitfire