Re: Vacuum Advance Unit

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Vacuum Advance Unit
From: GatesDavid@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 15:31:58 EST
Listers,

I remember a while back about a thread on how to determine if you have an
advance or a retard.  But, I dont have it in my archives anymore.  If I give
the local parts store (as Andy suggested)  the old one to look at, or the part
number from the distributor, will they be able to determine if it is a retard
or advance?  Is there anything that I can do to check it considering that it
is not working?

Since I brought it up, anyone know the WWW address for the archives for this
list?  I used it a couple times a while back but can't find the URL anymore.
I tried using the function where you can download a file for a whole month,
but it was difficult to follow as it is in cronological order.  The WWW site
was listed by thread and much easier to use.

Thanks as always,
David Gates
Hawaii
'73 Spitfire 1500