TR7 Wheels ?

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR7 Wheels ?
From: "Sizemore, Shane" <shane.sizemore@medaphis.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 08:40:11 -0500
Would anyone be interested in buying 4 factory steel TR7 wheels?

I bought and restored them but decided to stick with my other 2 sets of
wheels instead. These wheels
are 13 x 5.5  and have the same bolt pattern as the Spit wheels. I do
not have any caps or lugs, but your caps/lugs will work on these wheels.
I would remove the springs from the back of the center caps for a better
fit and trim about 1/4 inch from the diameter also (I did this before on
my last Spitfire). These wheels could be mounted with 175-70-13's but
185-60-13's would work/look much better.
I have sandblasted all 4 wheels front/back, primed with about 3 coats of
spray primer and painted with Steel finish wheel paint. I can include a
new can of the same paint for future touch-ups.

I would like $230 for the wheels (shipping UPS Ground) OR trade for a
WEBER carb. w/intake :-) !!!!!!!!

The wheels look the same as the slotted wheels found on 1976 Spitfires,
only 1" wider.

Thanks,

Shane Sizemore
1979 Spitfire