Panoramic Photo from '98 VTR Convention in Hudson, WI (fwd)

To: Larry Berg <jgtr6@aol.com>,
Subject: Panoramic Photo from '98 VTR Convention in Hudson, WI (fwd)
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 12:07:23 -0500 ()
Sorry to "bomb" the lists; delete now if you did not attend the '98 VTR
Convention.

The Minnesota Triumphs folk have asked me to pass the word along that the
Panoramic Photos are on their way. If you have any further questions,
please address them to Larry Berg <JGTR6@aol.com>, author of the message
excerpted below.

(BTW, I received my photo on Monday, November 9.)

--Andy

...I dropped by Cricket Photo in hopes of clarifying the situation.  After
speaking with Don, it seems the delay is understandable.  It looks like
this is how it shakes out (please share the info with all interested
parties via the internet.)

The approval process was lengthy and only finalized about three weeks ago
according to Don.  "Thank you" to Wayne for his diligence in not settling
for something that didn't look really great!  This took several trials of
colors, borders, logo placement etc.

FYI - this is not just an enlarged (stretched out?) photo.  It is actually
done by a printing process and the length of the photo (42") is beyond the
capacity of his equipment.  Therefore, much of the work is being done by
hand, so to speak.

The good news is: I saw the finished product and it is outstanding! (If
people thought our convention was classy, wait until they see this photo!)
The clarity is remarkable and having the borders, logos, and title really
make it something special.  It is unfortunate that we weren't aware that
this process would take so long.

Don has shipped about 30 pictures thus far and assured me that the rest
will go out as soon as possible.  (The framed pictures will take the
longest, but again I'm sure that everyone will be very satisfied with the
final product.)  Hopefully this will answer questions for everyone.

Sure would like to hear from folks who have received their photo.  This
may make the wait a lot easier!

Larry (JGTR6)