RE: Your Spitfire!!!!

To: "Lindberg, Andrew (MN12)" <Andrew.Lindberg@Corp.Honeywell.com>,
Subject: RE: Your Spitfire!!!!
From: "Smith, Brian" <brian_s@deq.state.la.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 11:02:11 -0600
Being a "reformed" hot rodder, I would try a shortened american rear end.  A
ford 9 inch comes to mind, or perhaps, being from a smaller car, a chevette
(yech) rear.  I think you could probably do without the IRS and mount the
soild axle to the transverse spring "the way it is". probably would
compramice handleing a little but....who knows?

Brian H. Smith
1959 TR3
1972 Spitfire IV
1977 TR7