Apology

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Apology
From: rotorheadx2@juno.com
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 23:23:28 EST
Well Spitfire list,

I have  read all the posts over the past few days about the big firestorm
debate concerning the rotary Spitfire subject.  I believe I was the first
one to bring it up on this go around and that therefore I was responsible
for the whole thread.  If I offended the purists I am sorry.  Believe it
or not, I am the same to a very large extent.  Whenever I hear of a V-8
into RX-7 conversion, it makes me cringe.  Therefore, I can understand
how all those of you feel who feel the same about the Spit.  I aplogize
that I stirred up the trouble and caused for the most part a tremendous
waste of bandwidth.

In conclusion, let me say this.  I have not committed to doing a rotary
conversion to my spit.  Probably not the current one anyway, because
other than the floor boards the car is very solid and I already have all
the parts off a 74 that I stripped for parts(frame was gone).  This car
will probably stay original.  However, I am one of those people who have
a very active mind on the line of how can this problem be resolved,
fixed, improved....  I know the rotary spit was not an original idea, but
it was to me because when I first thought it up, I had never heard it
from  anyone else.  I think the way to go will be to find a rough car and
do it in that.  I don't want to have to really change a good body because
they are hard to find.  But think of this, many of the cars that are
"legendary" today, became that because of people who had an imagination,
for example the GTO was a Tempest body that Mr. Delorean decided to drop
a V-8 in.  Or closer to home, the Shelby Cobra was the result of Mr.
Carrol Shelby's idea to drop a 429 into the British A.C. Ace body.  I am
sure there are other examples.  Good things can come of hybriding.  I
believe that Mr. Suddards effort will prove to be such a thing.  I would
love to see the finished product.  I do hope to do one myself one day.
But probably after I have an original Spit finished(with possibly some go
fast mods).  So, lets move on and get back to discussing technical stuff.
 I have a lot to learn about this car before I get ready to jump into
getting all fixed up and back on the road.  (I would love to see that
proposed match up between Laura's Nigel and Tim Suddards Rotary Spit
though.  He he he)

Now and always

Nelson Craig
Double Rotorhead (helos and 7s)
80 Rx-7 with GSL-SE Suspension, Konis on rear, TMC springs
Glock 21 and H&K SP-89
78 Spit (Still in storage, awaiting a new life)