Re: How to remove crud in gas tank?

To: "Paul Carreiro, N6EV" <n6ev@badger1.net>, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: How to remove crud in gas tank?
From: Thomas Carney <gt6in@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 08:34:47 -0800 (PST)

  I would suggest that you take the tank to a radiator shop to have
them clean it out.  They use some kind of acid treatment.  I don't
believe there is a consumer product available.  My father and I used
gravel, put it in the tank shook it up and then dumped out the all now
loosened up crud.  However we did this as a last resort because the
radiator shop said if they used acid it would eat through the tank
given its condition.  Rover tanks are not easy to come by so we
decided to use a less chemical solution.
Tom