bouncing tach

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: bouncing tach
From: "Ryan Smith" <shmitty99@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 06:43:56 PST
Hello listers, with my carb rebuild winding down I'm looking to make my
tach hold a steady reading.  As it is now it pretty much bounces all
over the place at.  Sometimes its "range" is almost 3k.  Can I clean it
or does it need replacing or what?

Oh and speaking of gauges how can I calibrate my speedo?  My 72's 4.11
rear end is going to be history real soon. (I know I rebuilt my
replacement 3.89 a month ago but I keep finding other problems to work
on instead of swapping the rears)  I'm curious to see how far off it'll
be.

With any luck I'll be back on the road tomorrow and salvage some of this
wonderful weather.

Ryan Smith
72 Emerald Green Spit - soon to be tuned to all of its stock glory