Re: Temperature gauge sender

To: Isaac Crow <isaac@avana.net>,
Subject: Re: Temperature gauge sender
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 13:11:47 -0500
At 12:12 PM 12/1/98 -0500, Isaac Crow wrote:
>Hi,
>Anyone know of a commonly available cross reference for the temperature
>gauge sender on a spit or GT6?  Something that might be available at a
>local parts store.

Not offhand, but the sender is less than $10 USD from the Big 3 suppliers,
a buck less at Spit Bits.

>I understand that they are a fairly standard
>thermistor,  but I am not sure of their range of resistances and what
>the thread pitch is, etc.   If anyone on the list has been down this
>road before, I would love to hear from them.

Issac, see attached.   (I went down this rather bumpy road last spring.)

++++++++++++++++++++++
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 14:37:07 -0500

I just installed the new sending unit for the temperature gauge, and it
works fine now.

So in case anyone else has this problem, the resistance of a working sender
is:

COLD:      1000 ohms
HOT:             50 ohms

Measurements were taken with the sender wire diconnected, terminal to
block, with a digital VOM.

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire  FM96062 UO

"47.5% of all statistics are made up on the spot."