Re: Tim's testicular fortitude (was rotary spit challange)

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tim's testicular fortitude (was rotary spit challange)
From: GRMTim@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 22:59:10 EST
I wasn't really being that bold, I had just had a couple of stiff drinks and
was half in the bag when I challenged "danmas". If you re-read my note, I said
I wanted to put the Rotary Spitfire up against the high dollar modern
performance car that "danmas" quoted in his letter. I assume he was speaking
of a Vette, Porsche or perhaps BMW M-Roadster. To me, this would make a more
interesting story than competing against other specials. We could also run
against other specials though, if that is what turns everyone on.

Another lister noted that my car is built for all out track use, while his is
street legal. By loose Florida definition, my car is completely street legal
and I have every intention of driving it regularly on the street.

Another lister mentioned drag racing. I have every intention of also drag
racing this car. I suspect high 12 second times will be a reality, right out
of the box.

Also mentioned was that it was cool that I would stick my neck out and use the
list this way. I am a regular guy that love cars, hence the name of my
magazine Grassroots Motorsports. I'm not some buttoned up corporate suit type
of guy that could feel just at much at ease writing about Wall Street.

Also mentioned constantly is how much money I have spent on this project. I
have less money (well under $10,000) than it would take to properly restore a
stock Spitfire. Nearly all the parts used are of junkyard or swap meet origin.
Even the engine was made up of bits and pieces.

Tim Suddard/Publisher/GRM