Re: Rimmer Stainless Exhaust Revisited Update

To: spitdrvr@camalott.com
Subject: Re: Rimmer Stainless Exhaust Revisited Update
From: ScottBarr8@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 22:07:31 EST
Nick,

My GT6 kit of the same ilk was also short the same two clamps.  Perhaps they
have other processes in the UK?

So have you had a chance to listen to the beast yet with the new system?  Do I
remember that you previously had the Monza system?  I know I REALLY prefer the
sound of the Rimmer system to the Monza one I had previously.

What did you think of the build quality on the Rimmer SS header?  I was
frankly a little disappointed with the gloppy welding and "almost-close"
fitting of the pieces.  That being said, I did notice an increase in power
with the Rimmer exhaust system and header.  I just wish I had known about Tom
Strange's capacity for custom-designing headers (he lives about a mile from
me) - I'd have gone that way for sure.  Having looked at one of his design,
it's a LOT better than the job done on the Rimmer header.

Scott Barr
ScottBarr8@aol.com
72 GT6