Re: V8 Race Spit

To: "Tom Strange" <jantoms@vbe.com>, <Spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: V8 Race Spit
From: "James Carpenter" <jc_carpenter@softhome.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 01:02:52 -0000
>Vic Whitmore, commented on the broken spit vertical link.  This is a weak
spot.  Even
>on the 1300 Spitfire street / comp car I am now finishing for next years
racing, every
>thing has been upgraded to GT6 components, giving a slightly stronger
vertical link &
>a much stronger spindle.  These parts have all been magnafluxed ........
something I
>feel is necessary on any car this age, that will be raced or even used for
hotroding
>on the street.

I am very interested in how you did this, I have had this happen to me and
have to say I still wory about it!  I had just overhauled the front
suspenstion, and replaced the vertical links with good second hand ones.
Then the goind 20 round a corner, the car fell on it's face, broken front
leg, shower of sparks, good job the passanger had a mobile!  What parts do
you have to chainge?

I presume you have the GT6 disks(rotors), hubs, calipers (I might upgrade to
Ausin Princess 4 pot's, which is a common swap), the vertical link, a new
ball joint? and a new trunnion?  What about the wish bones?