Re: The big clutch question!

To: "Ryan Smith" <shmitty99@hotmail.com>, <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: The big clutch question!
From: "James Carpenter" <jc_carpenter@softhome.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 01:25:16 -0000
Shifting Question.

I have the um single rail latter box.  I do this, shift up quick on all
gears.  4-3 down normally, but 3 to 2 or 4-2 (you may say this is bad, but
my driving instructor said it's the way to go) extra slow, pushing the
clutch really hard in, and genitally holding the leaver at the start of the
second gate to give the synchro chance! 2-1 is easy.  I always try(don't
often do it) to match the engine and clutch speeds before de-clutching.

Oh I also have a spare overdrive box, but it's up to me which rear end I
mount it on!

Eats clutches for breakfast question?

This could be caused by the clutch not completely diss-engaging for some
reason!  Hence you always get a bit of slip, even if you loose 2% of the
engine power this will heat up the clutch driven plate pretty good!  Turning
it into smoke!  Which leads me to my question!

I have a new clutch, which is fond of smoking!  Why?  It happens when I am
making tight turns and trying to accelerate smoothly, not lurch the
passengers head off!

I maybe over slip it, because of another symptom. It is real easy to Judeo
when taking up the drive!  I know there is not much wrong with the clutch
system, so I presume it's a mounting problem.  Is it only the engine mounts
that can produce that or can the rear diff mount produce that noise as well!

And why can't I get the car do to wheel spins, It has the power it just rev
to 3000 take the clutch off and it judders to 1000 and pulls away from that!