trunions

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: trunions
From: trunnell@mindspring.com (Glenn Trunnell)
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 20:09:12 -0500
Hi everyone,

I am currently rebuilding my rear suspension and am in the process of
replacing the rear trunion bushings.  My question is: are these nylon
bushings lubricated either during the installation or later.  The grease
nipple on the rear trunions seems to only provide grease to the axle as it
passes through the trunion.  I don't see any passage for grease to the
bushings. How about the front trunion bushings?  I know that you use 90w
oil in the grease fitting but how about on the bushings?  Thanks for any
advice.

Glenn Trunnell
79 Spitfire