Re: !@#$%!! Trunions!!

To: Glenn Trunnell <trunnell@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: !@#$%!! Trunions!!
From: Patrick Barber <sailnbail@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 1998 18:25:11 -0500
Glenn Trunnell wrote:

> Fellow listers,
>
> When I asked this question it was simple,"do you or do you not lubricate
> the trunion bushings when you install them?" Instead of a simple answer or
> even a concensus we have gotten into this debate over the correct
> nomenclature.  Is this really necessary?  I don't care what they are called
> and I think there has been a huge waste of bandwidth over this issue.  I
> believe we all know which part is under discussion, and I think it's
> ludicrous to debate the correct terminology.  Can we please stop the
> madness, now?
>
> Glenn Trunnell
> '79 spitfire with newly installed thingamajiggy bushings

Glenn,
I don't know if your question was answered or not, but here is what I have
found.  According to the Triumph Spitfire workshop manual, you are to
"lubricate the nylon bearings with a zinc based grease." From this I guess I
would put a little grease in on the trunnon bushings.

--
Patrick Barber
74 Spitfire 1500 (Organ donor)