Re: !@#$%!! Trunions!!

To: "Will O'Brien" <spitfire@angel.webos1.com>
Subject: Re: !@#$%!! Trunions!!
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 10:40:26 -0000
> Chill man,
>       Helf the guys on the list get a real kick about discussing
> nomenclature and specifics about spits and cars in general.  Any
former
> triumph factory worker would be overwhelmed by the questions people
on
> this list would ask them.

No way, Jose! They used to ask just as many questions themselves and
equally, like the list, got just as many variable answers! Maybe this
goes some way to explain why those questions are still being asked.
There is often more than one solution. In modern parlance, I guess it
could be called hidden Value Added ?

>(Once in a while we all go off aon tangents. There are called
threads.)
>How can any message about anything on a spit be a waste of
bandwidth?

IMHO, it only becomes wasted bandwidth when you wade through acres of
the same message, only to find an odd one or two word comment which
doesn't contribute in any way to further developing the thread
itself. Indeed, a response just like this one!

John Mac