RE: Vinyl (or other) Upholstery -question, and interchangeability?

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Vinyl (or other) Upholstery -question, and interchangeability?
From: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 19:24:29 -0500
I started the thread about leather seats in the spit, and I'd be willing =
to get together a list of people that might want to do this and call =
around to see what kind of deal we can get.  though, like ryan says, =
there are at least 4 different types of spit seats that I know of: mk. =
I, mk. II & III, mk. IV, and 1500 (unless the IV and 1500 are the same, =
I don't know).  the mk. II and III are the same to my knowledge.  I'd =
have to find out if a manufacturer would be willing to give a discount =
for different types of seats, or would they have to be all the same?  =
color is also a consideration.  again, I assume black would be the best =
way to go if they all have to be the same, but if they don't, well, I =
guess the sky is the limit.

so, if y'all want to e-mail me your mk. type and preferred color, I'll =
make a list and see what can be done.  I'll have to wait until my last =
final is finished this wednesday, but after that, I'm free.

oh, along these same lines, does anyone know if other tr seats match any =
spit seats?  I'm thinking specifically of tr2/3 seats or maybe tr4 seats =
in early spits.  I'm not up on the exact years, but wasn't the tr3 in =
the early '60's and the tr4 in the mid/late '60's?  maybe there was some =
parts-bin engineering.  something else we could bargain down with.