Re: engine rebuild

To: "Patrick Barber" <sailnbail@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: Re: engine rebuild
From: "Ron and Angie" <nottingham@alltel.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 18:29:37 -0500
>Chris, I have received several suggestions assembly lube when rebuilding my
>1500 engine.  I work with some professional engine mechanics and they
>recommended that one use just plain old engine oil. It's easy to work with
>and has the same effect as all the other "fancy" lubricants.  The major

The "plain old engine oil" will drain back before the engine is put back
together if one does not reassemble everything at the same time.  I would
prefer to err on the side of caution and use the assembly lube.  With using
assembly lube, after 10 to 15 minutes of operation, the oil and the filter
will need to be changed.  Assembly lube works better if you do not want to
be rushed, and you spread the rebuild out over several weekends.

Ron and Angie - Dalton, Ga
84 300ZX Turbo    77 Spitfire      92 Tempo GLS    62 Vitesse
IZCC# 4779
"I gotta go, you're killing me!" - Kim Peterson, WGST 105.7, Atlanta